Monday, July 23, 2012

story time:

  

      I was cutting Palms off a Palm tree during a service activity, and I would bend a palm with my left hand and cut the palm where it roots from the core of the palm tree, with the machete that I held in my right hand. Well as I had made way about half way around the palm tree, preparing to cut the next palm off, with my left hand bending the next palm down, I had disturbed a habitat of bees.
      I stepped back to seperate from the situation and to rid the bees from my body. As I brushed them away from my arms, I unfortunately caught the tip of the blade with my index and middle finger. And that is where the cut was formed.
      I ran over towards the Bishop where I was quickly helped. My hand was then washed, then we headed to the Hospital. Hospital Chriqui. Kind of a different experience there, a little frightening, never having had an accident in the past before. But I put my trust in the Lord, and just being fingers, knew everything would be okay.

So details: and to answer questions.

     Yes I had cut through the tendon on my index finger, but not affected the deeper tendons below (fortunately) but yes it was to the bone. and on the middle finger, no tendons cut and not to the bone. The Hospital was very neat and clean, and yes a professional Doctor. (I was in good hands - expensive Hospital) Doctor Tortosa, Orthopedic Surgion, performed the operation for me. Very nice man, who speaks english and spanish. I was knocked out for the Surgery and woke up later with Blue wrapps on my fingers. All had gone well. I spent the night at the hospital, and was reviewed and released by the Doctor in the morning.
     With a Miracle story, we arrived at the Baptism held at 12:00 at thew end of church in the Chapel of Lassonde. I was put in right there for Photos. It was a special experience to be a witness for these two baptisms. To watch these two young individuals arrise out of the water, was incredible. The Spirit testified to me of the great work we are participating in.  :)
      From there all is well. President and Hna. Ward are helping me out and making sure everything goes okay with the recovery. Don`t worry about me, just my two fingers, I`ll be fine!! :) As for that, any questions? :)
     Well I am glad everyone is doing great. I went back and finished chopping my tree after it had been sprayed. haha! Im not going to let this experience affect me or slow me down in this great work.
Tell everyone hi, and I am doing great!
Love you all, take care
-Elder Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment